STATEMENT OF FAITH
CCA is, above all, a Christian program seeking to support families in their spiritual growth.
The Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant word of God.
(II Timothy 3:15; II Peter 1:21)
There is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Genesis 1:1; Matthew 23:19; John 10:30)
In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28)
In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the
Christian is enabled to live a godly life
(Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians [3:16], [6:19-20]; Ephesians [4:30], [5:18])
The Biblical definition of marriage is a covenant relationship between one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:24)
Teaching and learning should come to fruition through the cooperative effort of parents and teachers, for the Bible places primary responsibility for the child's total education on the parents. (Proverbs 22:6, Deuteronomy 6:4-9)
We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33):
- His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35)
- His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26)
- His miracles (John 2: 11)
- His vicarious and atoning death
(1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9)
- His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4)
- His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19)
- His return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11)
We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for
salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ. Only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved and are kept by the power of God unto eternal salvation.
(John [3:16-19], [5:24]; Romans [3:23], [5:8-9]; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5)
The resurrection of both, the saved and the lost; They are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
Statements on Marriage, Gender and Sexuality, and the Sanctity of Human Life
1. We believe in the biblical definition of marriage as the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union for life (Genesis 2:18-25) and that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4) We believe marriage is between one man and one woman for life and that it uniquely reflects Christ's relationship with His Church. (Ephesians 5:21-33) We believe that marriage also serves as the foundation of a stable society. (1 Corinthians 7:2) We believe that any form of sexual immorality, as Biblically defined, is sinful and offensive to God. (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:8-10)
2. We believe that God weaves together mankind in the womb and that they are fearfully and wonderfully made by Him. (Psalm 139:13-14) We believe God creates each person as male (man) and female (woman). These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27) We believe that since each person is made in the image of God, every person has value and must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Colossians 3:12-14; Luke 6:31)
3. We believe all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, born and unborn. "We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life." (Psalms 139: Jeremiah 1:5)
Though CCA represents many denominations, we stress that each family and employee entering the school must agree to support the fundamental doctrines found within the statement of faith above. All spiritual and academic instruction, and issues of conduct and relationships, are approached from this Christian worldview. Individual families and churches should address specific denominational issues beyond these tenants.